All of six people were present to represent the Internet’s accountability side in Italy. A pitiful number when you consider the thousands of visitors at the IAB Forum.
Since the Milan WAW, Giovanni Lorenzoni has worked to keep the ball rolling by organizing Web Analytics Association / WAW events in Bologna. Yet therein lies the problem: with the apparently small Italian web analytics community spread across the peninsula, significant meet-ups can only occur when there is a critical mass due to an Internet industry event happening at the same time.
Yet a lot has happened in the last six months. Web marketing practitioners, such as my friend Leonardo Bellini, are writing extensively on web analytics. The Italian blogging community has become even more interconnected through the various barcamp events which have provided a needed pretext to meet like-minded folk outside of the ether-sphere.
Let’s hope this positive trend continues.
Selected web analytics articles and posts:
- Blog statistics with BlogBabel at ZenaCamp in Genoa, Italy
- Google rolling out much improved Google Analytics V2
- AWStats Resources and Tutorial
- Measure bowling returns to Milan on June 12, 2014
- Google Analytics Event Tracking – New Option to Avoid Impacting Bounce Rate
- State of the Net, Udine 2008
- Social media to solar power: RomagnaCamp offered it all
- Microsoft finally concedes search engine battle to Google