Are you working in the digital marketing space and have something interesting regarding search and/or social media marketing and communication to share? You might just be who we’re looking for. The conference program is now out. Take time to review it closely, then let us have your best pitch, in English or Italian.
We’re accepting speaker pitches until July 10th.
As you might guess, interest is high in speaking at SMX conferences. We literally sift through hundreds of submissions to select speakers for the show. Here are some tips that will increase your chances of being selected.
How To Create The Perfect Pitch
- Propose early: Submitting your proposal early gives you a better chance of being selected. We accept speakers as soon as we identify a proposal that we think best fits the session
- Understand the session’s goal. Don’t propose “thought leadership” if a session is explicitly tactical.
- Provide key takeaways that the audience can use right away.
- Don’t waste time explaining why a topic is important. We know why – that’s the reason we put a session on the agenda.
- Be very specific about what you intend to cover. We don’t want a high-level overview – we want specific facts, advice, case studies – concrete statements about what you intend to speak about.
- Don’t talk about yourself, your company, product, service or past presentations in the pitch description – leave personal details for the biography section.
- You’re welcome to submit proposals for up to three sessions.
- More tips
You’ll be notified whether you’ve been accepted or not 4-6 weeks prior to the event. If you’re accepted to speak, you’ll receive a pass to the entire 2 day SMX event. Travel and accommodation are not provided.
IMPORTANT: Submissions must come directly from the person making the pitch, in their name, with their email address. Please do not contact our conference chair directly with your pitch.